It's an exciting time for our company as we expand our operations. We're currently searching for an experienced writer/editor to join the Cupcakes and Cashmere team. Here's everything you need to know:
Associate Editor Description
-Full time position, located in Los Angeles
- Responsible for working with our creative team in developing and executing unique and engaging content across all Cupcakes and Cashmere digital properties. This role works directly with our Editorial Director in managing our content schedule and proactively pitching new concepts for current and future series. Your goal is to help increase views, shares, and build our growing community.
- Competitive salary + benefits
What you’ll do:
- Writing, scheduling, and real-time maintenance/monitoring of our various channels; includes editorial and sponsored content
- Pitch weekly ideas for both blog and social activations
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights, and emerging social media / marketing / e-commerce technologies
What you should have:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent preferred
- 3-4 years of professional copywriting/social media experience preferred
- Solid understanding of and actively engaged in using social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, etc.)
- Well-versed in digital media and social media metrics
- Deep interest in fashion, decor, food, and lifestyle content and knowledge of key brands, sites, and influencers
- Passion for creating beautiful and aspirational content
- Strategic thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life
- Works well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of initiative and accountability
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- A team player who is interested and willing to collaborate with other members of the editorial team and outside contractors
If you're interested in applying, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include a resume, cover letter, links/usernames of your blog/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/Snapchat (as applicable), 3 ideas for original posts that you'd like to create, and 9 links for a potential Links I Love post.
UPDATE (4/18/2016): We've extended an offer for this position and it's been accepted, so this listing has been filled. Thanks to everyone who applied.