1. Golden Goose Sneakers: I'd considered investing in a pair of Golden Goose sneakers for about five years, ever since I saw them on two of my friends during a trip to Disneyland. By the end of the day, my feet were swollen and blistered in my flat boots while they were boasting about how comfortable their shoes were (not to mention, seriously cute). They're an investment, but they're so well constructed that they've quickly become one of my favorite things I own.
2. Panasonic Toaster Oven: I thought our previous toaster was sufficient until we upgraded this past year. There's nothing particularly fancy about it, but I love that we can heat up four waffles at once (ideal for hectic mornings), has preset temps for several items and can bake up small batches of cookies.
3. Jade Eye Roller: For those mornings when I'm feeling puffy or swollen, my jade eye roller (which I keep in the freezer for maximum effect) makes a big difference. After a couple of minutes of rolling it on and around my eyes, it reduces swelling and makes me look much more awake.
4. Heroine Make Mascara: I discovered this mascara in Tokyo and have remained loyal to it ever since (buying it in bulk on Amazon). The black is way more inky and dark than options in the States, and it never clumps. Be forewarned: It has serious staying power, so a heavy-duty eye makeup remover (this is my fave) is needed to take it off at the end of the day.
5. DGI Gimble: In an attempt to take our video content to the next level (without necessarily hiring a whole team), we bought this device and it's made a big difference. You connect your phone and it stabilizes it, making for much smoother, more professional shots.
6. Port Salut Cheese: Gaby introduced me to this cheese a few months back and it quickly became one of my new favorites. It's smooth and creamy, packed with flavor and is always the most popular item on my cheese boards. It's widely available, but Trader Joe's has the best prices.
7. iPhone X: G recently upgraded to the iPhone X and I've been reaping its benefits. My phone isn't old (I got it last year) and thought there couldn't be that much of a difference between the camera on his versus mine, but I was proven wrong. Anytime we're together, I use it for photographs and it's made it so I don't always feel the need to lug around our Nikon D600.
8. Crate and Barrel Gold Flatware: I bought West Elm's first iteration of gold flatware several years back and have been using them ever since. Unfortunately, they weren't dishwasher safe (which I never seemed to remember), so at this point, the entire set is pretty tarnished. Luckily, Crate and Barrel recently came out with their own version that is dishwasher-safe and has made such a chic addition to our dining room table.
9. Ok-to-Wake Alarm: Once Sloan was out of her crib, she began waking up really early. Several readers suggested this alarm clock, which turns green when it's okay for her to get out of bed (ours is currently set for 6:20a.m.). Every morning, she gleefully yells, "My clock turned green!" which is our cue to go in and start our day.
10. Headspace app: While I still like the Calm app, Headspace is far more helpful when it comes to my sleep issues. Beyond the fact that the narrator's voice is like smooth molasses (comparable to Michael Caine perhaps?), it's taught me invaluable tips for both falling asleep and falling back to sleep, for which I'm enormously grateful.