I've never been that into turtlenecks, but after seeing this sweater/skirt feature in July's issue of Vogue, they've suddenly become much more intriguing. When searching for the right turtleneck/pencil skirt combo, I looked for a small rise on the neck (not the season for cowls) and sleek, patterned pencil skirts. Finding the right proportion is necessary in order for the outfit to look streamlined - here are seven pieces that are sure to work this season.
1. Club Monaco two tone skirt, $150
3. Zara cream turtleneck, $80
4. J.Crew classic tweed pencil skirt, $148
5. Helmut Lang paper thin turtleneck, $185
7. J.Crew everyday wool turtleneck, $85 (25% off using code FALLSTYLE)