- 6 ounces cooked grains, equal parts rye berries, quinoa, bulgar wheat
- 1 cup shredded collard greens
- 1 tbl shredded coconut
- 1 tsp candied orange rind (a good substitute is grated orange zest)
- 2 tbl pickled carrot (shaved raw will work too, you will just have to add more vinaigrette to the mix)
- 2 tbl pickled radish (same as above)
- 2 oz red wine vinegar (3 parts grapeseed oil, 1 part red wine vinegar)
- 1 poached egg
- 4 tbl crushed toasted cashews
1. Take collard greens and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toss collard greens with the pickled vegetables, coconut, and orange rind. Then add the vinaigrette
3. Let slaw sit for 30 minutes so all the flavors marry together. The slaw will last all day in the fridge.
4. Warm the grains until slightly warmer than room temperature. Place the slaw on top.
5. Add toasted cashews on top of the grains, then add the poached egg.
6. You're ready to eat! Add more of your favorite toppings like avocado, chicken, fish or anything else that sounds good to you.