Since I'm not wealthy enough to reap the benefits of New York Fashion Week, I've decided to focus on more relevant news like the arrival of Topshop's US site. I've admired the UK-based store for quite some time, but now that shipping costs are more affordable (but not cheap at $15) I think I'm ready to take the plunge. With coffee in hand, I devoured the website and am excited about the edgy, street-smart options that fill the pages. Here are some of my top picks: EDIT: The lovely ladies over at
just brought to my attention that in celebration of TopShop's new site, they're offering FREE postage and packaging on your order. Use code: USFREEPOSTAGETS01 I'll now be counting down the days until my skirt arrives!
- $145 I adore the mixture of textures and contrasting colors. The deep V cut makes this the perfect party shoe.
- $70 The combination of the royal blue, coiled rope and black satin is such a fresh look for a headband that ends up resembling an adorable little hat.
- $125 This subtle pattern is such a fun way to play into the feather trend for Fall. The flutter sleeves and cream color would be nicely offset with some tough jewelry.
- $80 For those of you who also just heard this term for the first time,
is a definition. Whatever the name, I'm all about the turtleneck, its camel color and the coziness factor.
- $65 I simply can't get enough of tulip skirts for Fall. This regal purple and voluminous shape will be such a great complement to black, opaque tights.