Up until a few months ago, I didn't own a single pair of wide-legged denim. Anytime I tried on a pair, even from brands I love like Everlane and Madewell, I immediately took them off. Compared to the skinny jeans that made up my closet, they felt bulky and unflattering. I'd almost sworn them off completely until I tried on my dream jean: The AGOLDE 'Ren.'
Anytime I want to feel fantastic about my outfit, while feeling comfortable yet professional, I reach for my Rens. If I had to estimate, I'd say I wear them five days a week... they're just that good. The waistline hits right along my belly button, giving the illusion of a smaller waist, and any top looks better tucked into them. Cotton tees and tanks look a little more structured and special, while blouses stand out against the denim. They're also high enough that I can wear a crop top, and show just a peek of skin, which is right in my comfort zone. And, unlike most wide-legged pants I've tried, they don't bulk-out at the belly but instead, tuck everything in.
Since purchasing my first pair in July, I've already added a second pair in white to my closet, which I've worn everywhere from a wedding barbecue to a fancy dinner and a casual weekend at home. They're incredibly versatile, with just a swap of shoes and top.
A few tips before you purchase:
- These jeans run large! A 26 is usually pretty snug on me, but I sized down to a 25. I could have even squeezed into a 24, which is not usually the case for me.
- Unfortunately, I haven't seen these jeans on sale yet, except for site-wide sales.
- To that note, they're expensive but worth it. I wavered quite a few times before purchasing each pair, but I'm so, so glad I did. Two of the best additions I've ever made to my closet!
- They stretch-out after about three wears, mostly around the butt, but bounce back after being washed and dried on 'medium' heat.
- The blue shade I own is called 'Disclosure,' but I love the slightly darker version, 'Censor,' available here. The white isn't a pure white (it's more of a slight cream tone), but I still love the way it works with a simple white tank.
If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.