On Sunday, we woke up to the news of Shopbop's semiannual "Buy More, Save More" sale, with up to 25%(!). Some of our favorite brands—and even the items we've been eyeing for years—are included in the sale, so we couldn't help but share a few of the pieces our team is buying and considering. Happy shopping! xEmily
1. STAUD Dress (was $375, now as low as $281): Since we were robbed of any semblance of a summer last year, I've decided to channel all of that energy into chic, effortless pieces this season. This dress is the epitome of that vibe, in a crisp white, made of 100% cotton and is both seductive with its side cut-outs while simultaneously feeling timeless.
2. Levi's Ribcage Straight Ankle Jeans (was $98, now as low as $74): I haven't worn skinny years in a while, and have been on the fence about embracing the styles that are a bit more reminiscent of what I wore in high school. But these straight ankle jeans are one of the first pairs to get me to actually bite the bullet. They feel like a throwback, but done in this season's most popular silhouette. I can't wait to wear them with simple white ribbed tank tops and strappy sandals (like Leslie's pick below).
3. Closed Pants (was $335, now as low as $251): I went out to brunch recently and all the young, hip girls there were wearing some sort of variation on this pant: high-waisted, pleated, just cropped enough to show a pair of clunky sneakers. I was sold on them immediately (my love of a high-waisted trouser has been well documented), but this sort of relaxed hybrid, particularly when worn with a tucked-in casual tee, is something I'm very excited to embrace.
4. Rachel Comey Romper (was $425, now as low as $319): Finding a short romper that isn't too short or tight is close to impossible and this variation is such a cool twist. I love that it feels oversized, but still flattering and would look great with a sleek pair of slides, large sunglasses, and a colorful scarf in my hair.
1. MOTHER Black Denim (was $205, now as low as $153): I've been on the hunt for black jeans to replace my older, distressed Madewell pair that's a bit too distressed for years now. I finally bit the bullet and used Shopbop's sale to purchase four pairs of black denim (enough to score me 20% off), so I can carefully choose my favorite, and return the rest. I'm most excited about this raw-edge hemmed pair from MOTHER (I've had them in a natural denim wash for years), but am also considering these Levis', another option from MOTHER, and this splurge from Re/Done.
2. Madewell Wavy Slides (was $88, now as low as $66): It took years and many rounds of repairs, but my favorite go-to leather sandals have finally been deemed "un-mendable" by two shoe repair shops. This means that, at present, the only pair of sandals I own are my black Birkenstocks. I'd love a pair that's a bit more polished, and this pair caught my eye a few weeks ago on Madewell. I had a feeling it'd go on sale if I practiced patience, and now's my moment to snag them!
3. Riviera Bikini Bottoms (was $95, now as low as $71): I'm much more confident in a one-piece than a bikini, but I have a collection of bikini tops I love. With tentative plans for a late summer beach vacation on the books, I'm considering buying a pair of high-waisted bikini bottoms that goes with most of my tops, so I can swap out a few of my itsy bitsy low-rise bottoms. #thisis29
1. Levi's Ribcage Skirt (was $79.50, now as low as $59): I am deep in a "Vampire Diaries" binge (somehow it's my first time watching??) and, naturally, I was internet-stalking all the actors this weekend during a lull in season four. Much to my delight, I discovered that my favorite actor, Paul Wesley (who plays a vampire), dated Phoebe Tonkin (who plays a werewolf). I Googled their names together, as one does, and saw Phoebe wearing a black mini skirt with an oversized black t-shirt that I thought was super low-maintenance chic, and yes, this is really the story of how I came to decide I needed a black denim skirt.
2. TKEES Sloan Slides (was $75, now as low as $56): I live in sandals pretty much year-round, and recently realized I don't yet have a pair of plain black sandals. This seems like a basic that should have been in my closet long ago, and I love the look (and price) of these!
3. 525 Wide Rib Long Cardigan (was $138, now as low as $104): This may not be the most exciting thing I've ever picked, but its versatility means I know it will get a lot of wear. Anything simple and comfortable that takes my usual jeans and a tank top / t-shirt ensemble up a notch gets an A+ in my book.
1. Madewell Blair One Piece (was $75, now as low as $56): I have a confession to make: While I've lived in Venice for approximately three and a half years, I haven't once taken a real trip to the beach beyond walking/running/biking along the boardwalk or eating at a restaurant nearby. Justin and I recently had a conversation about how that needs to change the moment summer weather hits, and I'm prepping my swimwear so we can make it happen sooner rather than later. Really feeling this one piece with a bronze graphic pattern and look forward to throwing it on for an upcoming oceanside picnic (under an umbrella, of course!).
2. STAUD Jo Vest and Mitchell Pants (were $165 each, now as low as $124 each): Whenever I travel, I love packing matching sets (it takes the stress out of getting dressed since you already know what you'll be pairing together!), and this chic all-black vest and pants are exactly what I want to take with me on my first post-pandemic vacation. It will work in basically any climate (it's a tank which helps me avoid getting sweaty, and easy to throw a sweater or jacket over in the evenings) and could be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. Definitely a worthy investment for me.
3. Alo Yoga Wild Thing Sports Bra and High Waist Avenue Leggings (were $62 and $118, now as low as $47 and $89 respectively): Do I feel like I'm cheating on my beloved Beyond Yoga Spacedye? Yes (though that's on sale too, FWIW). But is this cream-colored, neutral set everything I've ever dreamed of for summer workouts? Also yes. I'm excited to test out their take on the buttery-soft fabric and see how it measures up to my seven pairs of Beyond Yoga leggings I've been living in the past year. Will report back!
1. Veja V-10 Sneakers (was $150, now as low as $113): I don't really shop around for sneakers but I'm a strong believer in the power of a classic white pair. I usually stick to one pair and wear them to the ground because they're so versatile. I saw these in a store a few days ago and loved how classic but casual they look. They're so effortless that I would classify them as a "cool girl" shoe. They're made out of fabric composed of 100% recycled plastic bottles which makes me love them even more.
2. Lioness Military Minds Mini Dress (was $79, now as low as $59): This drawstring style is a trend that's been making the rounds on Instagram for the past year. I like that this version by Lioness has a high neck and is a reasonable length for me. I can see myself styling it like the model, with my go-to pair of sneakers and adding a cool pair of sunglasses.
3. Brixton Petra Packable Bucket Hat (was $49, now as low as $37): I have a denim bucket hat I got from Uniqlo years ago (seen here, here, and here) and it's still one of my most-worn pieces. I pack it on all my trips and love how well it goes with most of my wardrobe. 70s mod prints are really having their moment but aren't for everyone. If you're not usually into funky fashion but still intrigued, this bucket hat is an easy way to try out the trend. I'm already dreaming of pairing it with some mules, a flowy summer dress, and heading to a weekend flea market. You get the picture, right?