Today is Shopbop's semi-annual fall sale, and our team couldn't resist taking part—which meant taking a few minutes to enjoy our coffee and see what's still available from our saved carts (and add a few items we missed the first time around!). For this sale, Shopbop is taking 20% off all orders under $500 and 25% off anything totaling more. Now's the best time to stock up on summer sale pieces and fall investment staples, all at a lower cost. Here's what our team is buying:
1. leRumi Maya Midi Dress (was $128, now $96): I've had my eye on this dress for a minute since the silhouette is everything. I'm glad I waited since I already added it to my cart.
2. Rachel Comey Legion Jeans (were $345, now $258): Sure summer's over, but a pair of wide-leg, white jeans is a year-round staple. I can't wait to wear these Rachel Comey pants with little booties and a cozy knit this season.
3. Free People Heartlands Maxi Dress (was $148, now $111): I like the lighter pattern a bit more, but since it's sold-out in my size, I'm going with the 'Black Floral,' which actually feels perfect for fall (especially when worn with a cropped cardigan).
1. Lost + Wander Outpost Wrap Dress (was $118, now $94): Fall in L.A. isn't what it is in other places, so my priority is less coats, more maxi dresses and satin skirts that I can layer with light jackets and my Doen cableknit pullover. Lost + Wander has some of my favorite dresses right now, but this one, with daisies against a black background, is beautiful.
2. Club Monaco Trycia Skirt (was $150, now $120): I've been on the hunt for a satin midi skirt since the cheetah-skirtpocalypse of 2019. A lot of options can be made with too-tight of elastic and thin fabric, so they pucker around the belly in a not super-flattering way. From the photos at least, this one looks like it's well made and falls nicely. I also love how Shopbop styled it—with our sweater!
3. Splendid Turtleneck (was $88, now $70): You wouldn't know it, but I love turtlenecks; the super basic cotton kind we all wore as kids. I only own one (a simple black option from L.L. Bean), which isn't going to cut it for some of the fall trips I have planned. I look forward to wearing this one over the next few months, as I visit colder climates like Milwaukee, San Francisco, and Big Bear!
1. C/Meo Collective Reiterate Jumpsuit (was $165, now $123): Oh hey, it's the jumpsuit queen over here (that's the name the office gave me, not self-anointed)! If all of my wardrobe could be singular pieces that look chic without having to put in much effort, like this one, my mornings would be so much smoother. I love that the model is showing its versatility by wearing it with heels for a more elevated look, but it can easily be dressed down. I already know I'll be packing this on any future fall/winter trips to wear with boots or sneakers while exploring a new city.
2. Rachel Comey Dame Boots (were $475, now $356): My closet is filled with black shoes. For some reason, I never gravitate towards any shades of brown, caramel, or tan, but these boots by Rachel Comey are speaking to me on a spiritual level. I love a lace-up, military-inspired shoe, and the color is so rich, I already envision how I'll pair it with an all-white ensemble for a bit of a pop. I'm hoping they break my pattern of always landing on a black shoe and convert me to try out others in this colorway.
3. AGOLDE 90's Mid Rise Loose Fit Jeans (were $198, now $148): I've been on the hunt for a few variations of black jeans since last winter, and when I saw these on Dana from the Something Navy team, I immediately saved them to my hearts, awaiting the day that Shopbop had a sale. And that day has come. I'll probably avoid wearing them around my parents (who, despite years and years of their daughters wearing distressed denim, will never understand why we pay money for pants with holes in them), but I can already imagine throwing these on over a weekend with a crisp, white button down or oversized, cozy sweater.
1. Free People Oasis Dress (was $118, now $88): When I wore this in white to the office recently, I got more compliments than I ever could have imagined. Between the flattering smocked top and luxurious layers, this dress is easily one of my most versatile pieces. I want the black one to pair with booties and a hair ribbon this fall since it will transition better than my white one when the weather cools down.
2. Dolce Vita Abie Western Booties (were $202, now $151): Western booties are everywhere this fall, and I am here for it. For years, I made fun of my mom's love of cowboy boots, but these feel like a chic take on several seasonal trends (western boots, snakeskin, and studs).
3. Free People Take A Little Time Dress (was $198, now $148): Free People is essentially 98% of my closet these days. I truly think they have stepped their game up with gorgeous midi dresses and darling accessories. I love the velvet piping down the rich colors of this floral print. I think it will be perfect for the holidays.
1. FARM Rio Mixed Leopard Cardigan (was $145, now $116): It’s 85 degrees in L.A. today, but all I want to buy are sweaters. For me, it’s one of the hardest things about living here—almost everyone else is enjoying the leaves changing colors and chugging pumpkin spice lattes, while I’m still fighting a constant sweat-sheen on my face. Either way, I still want this crazy leopard cardigan, which looks like the chaotically colorful cousin of our Molly sweater. Get in my cart.
2. PUMA LQD Shatter XT Sneakers (were $90, now $72): Is the “dad sneaker” trend for me??? Probably not, but I am definitely thinking about trying these white Pumas with neon stripes. Compared to so much of what’s currently cool, they’re actually not super monstrous (I haven’t gotten into this trend yet because I feel that feet should typically not resemble boats). I find it hard to resist a pop of neon these days.
3. I.AM.GIA Pixie Coat (was $110, now $88): I think I may be the only person in our office who didn’t fall in love with The Pink Coat (follow us on @shopcupcakesandcashmere if you aren't sure what I'm talking about!). Pink isn’t my favorite color (GASP) and I usually end up buying more neutral outerwear that goes with everything, rather than investing in a statement piece. This black sherpa coat is more my speed. It’s basically the same fabric as the beloved pink coat, but shorter and black. Be still my heart.
1. Nobody Denim Francoise Pants (was $259, now $194): I once heard the saying that you shouldn't wear a trend twice in your lifetime. To that, I say if I want to wear questionably flattering JNCO-inspired jeans again just try and stop me! The only things suffering are my colleagues and my thighs. Luckily, there are better options for wide-leg jeans out there now that it's not the early aughts, like this chic pair from Nobody Denim (I'll pair it with a silk blouse instead of a cropped baby tee, I have learned something since I was a kid).
2. Isabel Marant Lecce Belt (was $160, now $120): I love belts over long coats, they help me channel my inner Inspector Gadget or Carmen Sandiego. This great muted blue Isabel Marant belt would be perfect over a matching plaid coat or would add some extra detail to a basic jeans and t-shirt combo.
3. Veronica Beard Dusty Rugby Dress (was $275, now $206): How can you be sporty without playing a sport? Easy: Either over-commit to tear-away pants or choose a rugby-inspired dress à la Margot Tenenbaum with this cognac number from Veronica Beard. Sure, I might still think 'scrum' is a dirty word but my dress won't betray me.