One of the best parts about looking forward to a vacation is shopping beforehand for a few new things to bring along. Before my recent girls' getaway to Palm Springs, I went deep in on bathing suit shopping since the focal point of the weekend would be the pool. Beyond having a specific vacation in mind, a bathing suit is something I like to buy a new version of each season since there are so many fun, fresh, affordable options on the market. Here are seven I'm loving right now, each for their own reason - with a few splurges in the mix in case you're looking for more of an investment than an update.
1. Cos Textured Bikini (Top and Bottom sold separately, $50). I love the pale pink color of this Cos suit and its chic texture. I couldn't wear a suit like this with my cup size, but it's a great option for small-chested girls and I'd own it in a heartbeat if I could.
2. J.Crew String Bikini ($84). My go-to swimsuit is a punchy red string bikini. They're fun, classic, and the vibrant red looks great with a tan. J.Crew makes a hard-to-beat string bikini that comes in many different colors, though this is my favorite.
3. H&M Texture Patterned Swimsuit ($40). This muted yellow is an unexpected color for a suit and would also enhance a tan. The fact that it's a one-piece with cool details like front-zip and structured bodice give it a sophisticated Bond Girl vibe, that's not costumey in the least. The price is just a bonus.
4. Lisa Marie Fernandez Poppy Stripe Bandeau Bikini ($385.00). A bandeau bikini is a classic suit to have in rotation, especially for not getting tan lines from shoulder straps. Lisa Marie Fernandez makes flattering cuts in cool prints, like this colorful striped number that reminds me of one my mom had back in the '70s that I still wish she would have kept.
5. Top Shop Ruche Stripe Bikini (Top and Bottom sold separately, $57). Top Shop consistently puts out the perfect pin-up style underwire bikini, season after season. The ruffles on this retro one are playfully feminine, but balanced by the clean aesthetic of sailor stripes.
6. Marysia Mott Maillot One-Piece ($319). The swimwear brand Marysia has the market cornered for elegantly-scalloped suits (Cristina rocked one in Palm Springs and I haven't stopped thinking about it). This black one piece is sleek, sexy, and sweet all at once - and I may pull the trigger on it as an early birthday present to myself.
7. Solid and Striped The Jane Triangle Bikini ($155). Lastly, I like the idea of sporty suit made more alluring in a peachy hue. The neutral shade would work really well under a dreamy white caftan for the perfect poolside moment.