Living in L.A. means that on any given night, dinner can either mean casual activewear or an opportunity to get fully dressed up. Last night, I opted for the latter in an uncharacteristic move for a Monday, and wore this jumpsuit to a work dinner at Bavel, a favorite Mediterranean restaurant in the Arts District. It's an updated twist on the classic LBD (though it also comes in red!), with wide-leg pants that feel current with the folded neckline and waist. I added a pair of my favorite statement earrings, platforms, and a feminine lip for a look that would easily work at some of my favorite, must-try spots in L.A.:
1. Nightshade: Having opened just this month, this restaurant is already one of our office's favorites. Complete with a warm and tranquil interior, the menu boasts Chinese-inspired dishes such as Mapo Tofu Lasagna and Gochugaru.
2. In Sheep's Clothing: Hidden within Lupetti Pizzeria, In Sheep's Clothing is an experience worth trying. Inspired by Japan's kissaten, this hidden gem plays vintage jazz while customers enjoy experimental whiskey cocktails.
3. Blackship: Looking for something in West Hollywood? Go no further than Blackship, an Italian-Japanese spot specializing in pastas and cocktails. Try the Carbonara Ramen or Chicken Karaage Tortellini for a new twist on classic pastas.
4. Woodspoon: This is not so much of a new restaurant but it is frequently talked about in our office—both Leslie and Kelly list it among their favorites in the city. The menu offers a plethora of Brazilian dishes, each rich in flavor and tradition, and the ambience in DTLA is great for a date night with G. P.S., Try the Croquettas and the Costelinha com Canjiquinha—they're a must.
5. Ronan: This near-to-us restaurant is a nice surprise to add to our repertoire. Just a few months since opening, Ronan is already garnering a ton of attention for its intimate interiors and killer food. The shared plates style is fun for a night out where you just simply want to try it all.