There have been a lot of changes this year, and even though my life feels vastly different than last summer, I still like the idea of adhering to seasonal traditions. More than ever before, I’ve realized the importance of getting out, making plans and sticking to them, so I put together my annual summer to-do list that contains some of the fun things I’d like to do in the next couple of months.
1. Re-do the backyard to make it more drought friendly.
2. Master the best at-home burger.
3. Have a family day at Huntington Gardens.
4. Go to a drive-in movie (a date night we can take Sloan to).
5. Drive down to Newport Beach and get chocolate dipped bananas at Balboa Island.
6. Rent an airbnb over a long weekend that has a pool.
7. Go on an eating tour in Los Angeles’ Chinatown (I’ve been dying to try Pok Pok, Chego, and Ramen Champ).
8. Plan a girls’ day at a Korean spa.
9. Plant a tomato and basil box so that we can make bruschetta all summer long.
10. Attend a floral arranging workshop.