Though I work from home, I spend most of my day in a designated office space. It's a conscious decision to separate work from my house, so I stock my drawers with the items that will keep me productive, organized, and most importantly, prevent me from wandering around the house in search of something work-related. Here, 17 office things that keep me in check, with a few personal additions that are simply around to make me happy.
1. Calligraphy pen (p.s. a cheater's guide to calligraphy here).
2. A pretty "to-do list" that helps a busy day look less daunting.
3. A sweet note from one of my readers that I revisit on particularly bad days to brighten my mood.
4. Simple, occasion-less stationery.
5. Pretty gold clip to easily pin back my hair if it's getting in my way while I'm working.
6. A Glue Stick to seal envelopes (think this Seinfeld episode).
7. The best iPhone lens attachment.
8. A Sharpie for labeling packages.
9. Wite-out for mistakes.
10. A lip balm that's as effective as it is pretty.
11. A gold spray painted toy cat that was part of the tongue-in-cheek decor from Rach's bridal shower she threw for me.
12. Most people ditched gel pens around the time of their elementary school graduation. But I love the color selection and how smoothly they write, so they're still my pen of choice.
13. Chic paper clips.
14. Miniature clothes pins + safety pins.
15. Matchsticks from one of my favorite restaurants (Gjelina) so I can easily light candles in the office.
16. Pretty stamps (see item number 4).
17. Twine for last minute gifts or bud vase bouquets.(Acrylic desk dividers available here)