Thanks to Sephora, "spring savings" is officially one of our new favorite phrases. Their sale started for Rouge members today, and offers 20% sitewide (and even 30% off all Sephora Collection products). The sale opens up to VIB members for 15% off on April 5, then to Insiders for 10% off on April 7.
Don't forget to use code SAVESPRING at checkout, and if you're feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of products on Sephora, allow us to share what we've been planning on snagging this week.
1. ONE/SIZE Liquid Eyeliner Pen: My search for the ultimate liquid liner 1. that glides on seamlessly, 2. can be cleaned up with a Q-tip, while simultaneously making a major impact, and 3. stays put for the entire day has been...extensive. But not too long ago, on a pop-in to Sephora, one of the employees shared that this is one of their best-selling eyeliners with good reason. It's exactly what I'm looking for - with its fine tip and inky black color and is a cinch to use, which is why I'm already planning on stocking up during their sale.
2. Summer Friday Eye Cream: After hearing dozens of people rave about Summer Friday's brightening eye cream, I finally tried it out a couple months back. Not only does it lighten things up significantly, but it also offers serious hydration and the ideal base for makeup that never creases.
3. Anastasia Brow Pen: I recently got my brows laminated, which pretttty much changed my life. Since my eyebrows naturally are wavy and thick, they're happiest when they're lying down flat, resulting in brows that look thin and sad. While the lamination made them stay in place once brushed, they are still a bit sparse, which is why I've been attempting to mimic the look of real hairs with a brow pen. This one, by Anastasia, is consistently rated one of the very best, so I'm excited to use it on my recently upgraded brows to hopefully mimic my look from the early '90s.
1. OUAI Fine Hair Shampoo: I bought this shampoo last year, and loved it so much that I opted for the conditioner as well. I can confirm it both tackles your fine hair problems (I no longer have flat, lifeless roots!) and smells heavenly. I use it two to three times a week and have noticed more bounce and shine between washes.
2. MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush: One of the biggest "ah-hah!" beauty moments I've had recently is the importance of some kind of blush on my cheekbones. I steered away from anything that gave the illusion of a flush because I experience a lot of facial redness, but after concealer and powder foundation, I need to breathe a little life back into my face. I love MERIT's Flush Balm Cream Blush in Raspberry Beret, so I'll stock up...and might even test out another color during this sale.
3. Rare Beauty Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara: I've been an ILIA Limitless Lash stan since early 2019 and have exclusive used it for years, and this just might be the mascara that breaks the pattern. I love Selena Gomez, but hadn't tested any of her Rare Beauty products since launch. I saw a couple of testimonials on Instagram about the Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara and was skeptical – I tend to prefer other types of wands (ones with "combs"), but figured I'd give it a shot. This formula is fantastic. Not only does it volumize, but it also curls, lengthens, and darkens my lashes exactly how I want.
1. Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in 'Brown Copper': I bought this eyeliner last year after finally accepting that my favorite NARS eyeliner has been discontinued in my go-to color. I love a bronzy, coppery colored eyeliner because I'm very fair, so black has always felt too harsh and matte brown never felt quite right. Bronze, though, makes my gray/green eyes pop, without feeling too dark–it's just a little hard to find. I realized earlier this week that I've almost finished my first one, so this will just be a straight repurchase from a happy customer.
2. Mini Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant: I've been using my new Paula's Choice CLEAR skincare system religiously since February, and it's helped my skin a lot. On a recent trip to LA, I left all my Paula's Choice behind because I thought my old skincare products (already in my travel-sized bottles) would cut it for a quick three day trip. Two days in, I got an absolutely massive zit on my right cheek. Eventually I realized that this exfoliant (which I believe is basically the exact same thing as step two of the CLEAR system, based on some detective work) is what has kept my skin, well, in the clear. This mini-sized bottle is exactly what I need next time I travel, and may be the best $10 I'll spend all year.
3. No.04 Bois de Balincourt Deodorant: I have never in my life tried a "fancy" deodorant. But like... why not?? This is my favorite candle on our Shop, so I already know I'll like the warm, woodsy santal scent. And if it doesn't work, Dove will always be waiting for me in the aisles of Target...
1. Olaplex No. 8 Bond Intense Moisture Hair Mask: After recently getting the balayage hair treatment done, my hair hasn’t been in the best condition. Since I hadn’t had my hair done since 2019, it was feeling healthier than ever, but now it’s back to feeling brittle and dry…which means I’m desperately in need of a strong hair mask! I’ve heard great things about Olaplex, and this hair mask looks legitimate and very promising, sooo I think I might just have to snag it while it’s on sale.
2. The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion: A product that’s good for all skin types – oily, dry, combo, dry, sensitive, etc…is an ideal product in my opinion. My skin type is a combination of all of that, so it’s a relief to know that I wouldn’t have to worry about any breakouts when trying this new product. What stands out to me is that it’s a retinol and helps with dark spots, which I’ve struggled with for some time. Again, I’ve heard great things about this brand, so I’ll be working this one into my nighttime routine.
3. Supergoop! Daily Dose Hydra-Ceramide Boost + SPF40 Sunscreen Oil PA+++: I’ve used a couple products by Supergoop! and I’ve been a fan of them all. Now that it’s starting to get warmer in San Diego, I need to prepare myself for the hot, dry, California sun. Having lived in Atlanta my whole life, the sun is nowhere as harsh, so I don’t think my skin knows what’s coming! I definitely think it’s time to step up my face sunscreen game.
1. Cactus Fruit Styling Cream from Dae: I actually own every single Dae hair product that has ever been made (apart from the hair brush which is relatively a new product) and you could say I’m obsessed with the brand. These products really check off all the boxes for me - they have made my hair healthy and strong, they are clean, affordably priced, smell great, and have eco-friendly, cute packaging. I can’t wait to try their newest product which is a styling cream for all hair types that doesn’t make your hair crunchy or oily.
2. Drying Lotion from Mario Badescu: I have been using this drying lotion on my acne and dark spots since high school and it is really one of the only skincare products that I have stuck with consistently over the years. It works miracles and can truly deescalate a pimple overnight for me.
3. Buttercup Blow Dryer from Drybar: Recently, I have been blow drying my hair after I wash it and I noticed such a big difference in how long my hair lasts in between washes. I’ve been meaning to upgrade my $10 blow dryer that I got in high school and have heard nothing but great reviews from friends about the full sized Drybar blow dryer. Can’t wait to give her a spin!
1. Tatcha No-Filter Essentials: Tatcha is hands down one of my favorite skin care brands out on the market, and since I own many of these products full-sized so, this travel sized version would be a no brainer for me!
2. First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Water Cream: My skin is definitely on the drier side of the spectrum, so I'm always on the lookout for a hydrating moisturizer. I've been loving all my First Aid Beauty products, so for the price, I would love to be able to add this to my collection.
3. Sephora Collection Pumpkin Face Mask: Who doesn't love a quick and easy sheet mask? I've got quite a collection of sheet masks that I love taking with me when I travel or even when I'm even at the warehouse! This pumpkin one from the Sephora collection is one that I already own and would not think twice about restocking on.