It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Sephora's Holiday Savings Event starts today, and they're offering 10% to 20% off site-wide (!!!). Our team rounded up the products we can't wait to try out or purchase again and we even have a few duplicates (yup, those products are just that good). Hopefully, our carts help you stock up on their sale of the season.
Depending on your tier, you can receive 10% as an Insider, but VIB and Rouge receive 15% and 20% off, respectively. Membership is free so at the very least, it's worth signing up for 10% off your purchase—just remember to use the promo code YAYHOLIDAY. The sale runs through November 15th, but we've rounded up a few new-to-us products, and items we'll be grabbing during the sale:
1. Armani Beauty Neo Nude A-Line Liquid Blush: I've been in a bit of a blush phase as it's one of the first things I notice on someone else who looks decidedly fresh-faced and youthful. My best friend swears by this one in "the candy pink" shade (raspberry) and dots the liquid blush on the apples of her cheeks for a radiant complexion.
2. Caudalie Vinopure Purifying Clay Mask: I've gone through more bottles of this mask than any other since it's that good. It tightens pores, reduces the appearance of fine lines around your eyes and leaves your skin feeling unnaturally soft. Adding a couple to my cart since it's really affordable, especially given its effectiveness.
3. Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme: A friend with similarly textured, frizz-prone hair like mine introduced me to this cream that I now apply after getting out of the shower anytime I want it to look sleek and tame.
4. SK-II Pitera Facial Treatment Mask: Such an indulgence, but whenever they're on sale, I scoop these sheet masks up since they make that much of a difference. I keep them on hand for special occasions or events and apply them as part of an indulgent ritual before putting on my makeup for the most even, glowy skin.
5. Westman Atelier Blender Brush: I recently bought my first Westman Atelier product and was so impressed with the quality that I'm now ready for my next buy: one of her cult-favorite brushes that are apparently the "very best in the business," according to my makeup artist friend.
6. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: If you want a product that revives day(s)-old hair, adds texture, soaks up oil, and also smells incredible, this is for you. I've tried a lot of similar products and this is always the one I come back to, time and time again.
7. Shani Darden Skin Care Retinol Reform: For those who also took a while to jump on the retinol train, this is one of the best, gentlest options on the market that radically improves the texture of your skin.
8. Supergoop! Glowscreen Sunscreen SPF 40 PA+++: I never thought I could feel so passionate about a sunscreen until I tried Supergoop's Glowscreen. It has SPF40(!), glides on seamlessly, and leaves your skin with an almost iridescent, blurred effect that's remarkably flattering.
9. Hourglass Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick: I just used up the last of my highlighter, so I'm giving this a go after loving their powdered version for years. Based on the very promising reviews on this stick, I'm excited to add this where needed (along my cheek and brow bones, on my cupid's bow, and in the inner corners of my eyes).
10. Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream with TFC8 Face Moisturizer: The holy grail of moisturizers. It manages to be both an incredibly emollient cream while also giving a dewy finish that makes you look as though you've just left a facial. There's a reason why this cream has the reputation of being the very best out there.
1. OUAI x BYREDO Mojave Ghost Leave In Conditioner: I missed out on last year's Ouai x Byredo dry shampoo (their first collaboration), and I will not be making that mistake again. I'm somewhat new to the Mojave Ghost scent from Byredo, but I love it so much I'm actually considering buying the perfume (#treatyourself), so I already know this will knock it out of the park.
2. Selena Gomez With Gratitude Dewy Lip Balm in 'Empathy': I just started watching Only Murders in The Building, and so far I like it pretty well! For some unknown reason, it's making me feel that I need to try something from Selena's makeup line now, which obviously means I'm going to try the tinted lip balm, thank you very much.
3. T3 Lucea ID 1” Smart Flat Iron: I've been using a crappy flat iron I bought from Amazon for at least five years, and the time to upgrade is long overdue. I've had my eye on this particular T3 line for a while, and 2021 might be the year I finally give in to the lure of this white/rose gold temptress.
4. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Shadow: This pick is in no way original; Emily and Jess have mentioned these eyeshadow sticks more times than I can count. I finally got one this year (in 'Burnished Bronze'), and as a surprise to absolutely no one, I now want both 'Amethyst' and 'Intense Moonlight'.
5. NARS Afterglow Lip Balm in 'Wicked Ways': I bought this perfectly sheer/sliiiiightly glossy lip balm in the color 'Dolce Vita' during last year's sale, and it's simply my favorite tinted lip balm I've ever had. And I've tried a lot. This year I'm going back to grab another color, and I think 'Wicked Ways' is the perfect sheer berry shade for cooler weather.
6. OUAI Fine Hair Conditioner: This is still the best conditioner I've found that doesn't weigh down my super fine hair and smells divine. I see no reason to try something new when I love this one so much!
1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: My holy grail hair product – this texturizing spray not only smells like perfume, but adds enough grit to my hair to give it volume at the roots and piece-y ends.
2. Westman Atelier Mini Petite Sticks Clean Glow Trio: I noticed this brand during the Credo Beauty sale, but didn't want to commit to a full-sized product...and it seems like the beauty gods have answered my prayers. I'm pumped to try these three (for some reason I find anything miniature to be an absolute delight) and hopefully walk away with a new favorite contour stick (never tried one!), blush, or highlighter.
3. Kérastase Elixir Ultime Hair Oil Serum for Frizzy Hair: I've sworn by this hair oil for years, and while it does last for months, it's a *bit* pricey. I'm excited to grab it at a discount, and might even stock up on two while I'm at it.
4. OUAI Detox Shampoo: I just finished this massive bottle of Living Proof's shampoo, but am in the market for something that will leave my scalp feeling a bit less oily. The reviews on this one are impressive, and I'm excited to test out the scent since the other OUAI products I've used are all intoxicatingly delicious.
5. Caudalie Beauty Elixir Face Mist: I've gone through three bottles of Beauty Elixir (I use it both every morning and evening, and to moisten my Beauty Blender), making it my most-used product of the entire year. I love this stuff, whether it's in place of a toner or to give myself a quick refresh and dewey complexion.
6. Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo: During the past two years, I've oil trained my hair to only need to be washed about three times a week (used to do it daily!), and am fairly certain I could go longer if I had a product that fights sweat after a workout. I'm running low on my other dry shampoo, and this newer, updated product claims to be better at just that, so I'm going to test it – let me know if you want to hear my review!
7. ILIA Limitless Lash Mascara: If you were to snag one clean beauty item during this sale, I'd recommend this mascara. It's a team (and cult!) favorite – giving the illusion of longer, thicker, curled lashes, and it's great for sensitive eyes.
8. CLINIQUE Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Lotion for Body: During a recent visit to my dermatologist, she remarked on how much more freckled I am on the left side of my body (one of the downsides of spending so much of my life driving in a sunny city). I purchased Clinique's sunscreen earlier this year for outdoor activities, but will be applying it more regularly whenever I have exposed skin – yes, even throughout the winter months – and will stock up since I have two upcoming vacations where SPF will be mandatory.
9. Vinoperfect Radiance Dark Spot Serum: Caudalie generously gifts me a few products each year, and this was the standout from 2021. I'm halfway through the dark spot serum, and already noticing a difference on some recent acne scars I've acquired on my chin. It also has the most pleasant and subtle spa-like scent, without leaving my face feeling sticky.
1. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara: I'm blessed with pretty thick lashes but they are unfortunately pin straight and very stubborn when it comes to staying curled. I have yet to try anything from Selena Gomez's line but quite a few of the beauty gurus I follow online have been raving about this product. The fact that it's sold out a few times makes me feel like the hype checks out.
2. Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask: This blue tube has truly earned its place as a holy grail item. You know you love a product when you're trying to squeeze out every last drop (my current tube is rolled up so tightly that I know it's time to restock). It's the skincare product I've repurchased the most because I reach for it on plane rides, nights when I don't want to do my whole routine, or just because. I always wake up with softer and calmer skin, which for a girl with rosacea, is a dream.
3. Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Bubble Bath Candle: A few weeks ago I was walking with a friend and we came across this boutique filled with candles. They carried several brands, including the REPLICA line by Maison Margiela. Cannot confirm nor deny whether I picked this candle purely for the name but what I will say is that I was instantly in love with the scent. I took a photo then and there to remember to look for it at the next Sephora sale and now, my time has finally come. If you like light, floral scents then I think you'll enjoy this candle.
4. BREAD BEAUTY SUPPLY Scalp-Serum: Cooling Greens Exfoliating Treatment: This is a pick straight from my Instagram saved folder. Look, I'm a girl that falls fast for fun packaging but I was extra excited to find out that this Black-owned brand was available at Sephora. I'll spare you the details of my ongoing scalp troubles but I like that this is an alternative to scalp scrubs which haven't done much good to me in the past.
5. Caudalie Vinoclean Cleansing Micellar Water: I haven't tried many Caudalie products but the brand comes highly recommended by both the team and the internet. This is the first product that was a true home run for me. I use it as the second step of my skincare routine to remove any leftover makeup that my cleanser + Foreo might have missed and it really leaves my skin feeling clean and prepped to absorb the rest of my products. Sadly, it was confiscated at airport security during my last trip (yes, I should've known better) and I haven't come around to replacing it. I feel like I've been slacking on the skincare-front without this product so it's definitely at the top of my shopping list.
6. Maison Louis Marie No. 04 Bois de Balincourt Body & Handwash: As I type this, my Maison Louis Marie No. 04 candle is lit in front of me so you might say I'm a fan of the scent. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone on the team who isn't obsessed with it. I've been eyeing the perfume oil but I like the idea of a body wash because it feels like treating myself to a little luxury everyday in the shower. The minimal packaging also makes it a great contender for my guest bathroom.
7. Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Cream: I can't believe I forgot about this product - it was one of my favorite moisturizers of 2020 and as winter comes back around, I think it's time I reintroduce it to my routine. It's a bit pricey but a little goes a long way. I would use this at night or in the morning, depending on what my skin needed. If I was wearing makeup that day, it was integral to my skin prep. It would always create a really smooth base for my foundation to go on. If you get dry patches or experience some redness on your cheeks like me, this is a great product to add to your arsenal.
1. ILIA Balmy Gloss Tinted Lip Oil: This year I dressed up as a Bratz Doll for Halloween, and if you’re familiar with them, you know they wear a lot of lip gloss. After digging through the depths of my makeup drawers and scrounging up my old gloss (that I hadn’t touched in years!), I was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out. Had I been sleeping on lip gloss all this time, because of its association with my preteen days? Is lip gloss actually something I’d want to start applying to my everyday look? The answers are yes and yes. The only difference is, this lip gloss by ILIA is actually a quality product unlike the cheap glosses I wore years ago. It’s more of a tinted lip oil, with lip plumping AND long-lasting hydration. And another perk? It leaves your lips feeling anything but sticky. Sign me up!
2. DevaCurl DevaTwist Anti-Frizz Microfiber Towel: Why not toss this one in my cart while I’m at it? I’ve heard how much better a microfiber towel is for hair drying, and if it reduces frizz AND split ends, I’m sold.
3. OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Cream: Eye creams have never had a permanent spot in my skincare routine, and I’m ready to change that. Thanks to genetics, my under-eyes are naturally dark and have always been, but with the addition of sleep problems and increased stress over the years, my bags and dark circles have reached a whole new level - not to mention that turning 25 this year made me realize that it might be time to start thinking about using anti-aging products. I’m excited to try out this eye cream, mainly because of everything it targets: fine lines, dark circles, and dryness.
4. Drunk Elephant A-Passioni Retinol Cream: Last year during our first summer of COVID, with the increase of free time and not much to do, I decided it was about time I try to understand my skin and do research on the best skincare products. Before then I honestly didn’t know much about skincare, and my routine pretty much only consisted of washing my face with a cleanser I snagged at the drugstore, and the occasional spot treatment I’d only buy if an unruly zit sprouted out of thin air. When doing my research I came across the brand Drunk Elephant, whose retinol cream was recommended in almost every article I came across. I took that as a sign and ordered myself the travel size, and within the first few days of trying it out, my skin was smoother than I’d ever seen it before. I used that little bottle for as long as I could, and now that I’ve been out for a few months, this sale is my chance to restock but in the larger size.
5. Drunk Elephant Wild Marula Tangle Spray: Again, love you Drunk Elephant! I have yet to try out their hair products and will be starting off my journey with this one. As someone with naturally curly / frizzy hair, let’s just say it’s never an easy process for me to find a product that I love. Most products I try end up being too sticky and heavy, and just *not it.* What caught my eye about this product were the words used in its description, “a weightless, leave-in mist.” I don’t know about you, but it sounds like a miracle product, and exactly what my hair needs. I’m excited to try it out and give my hair the refresh that it deserves!
6. Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Dark Spot Serum: Jess recommended this one to me during one of our Wednesday morning marketing calls, aaand I obviously had to take notes. It’s basically a brightening serum that minimizes dark spots, evens out skin tone, and gives it a big glowing boost overall. As much as I hate to admit it, I’ve gotten into the bad habit of picking at my face, especially when a new blemish arises...but of course that only ends up making it 100 times worse. That being said, I have a lot of dark spots and acne scars from years ago that never fully went away, but I’m hoping that’ll change after adding this product to my skincare routine.
7. ILIA True Skin Serum Concealer: When it comes to concealers, I usually just buy the least expensive one I can find while perusing the aisles of Target or a drugstore. Most of the time they end up not even matching my skin tone, which is a bummer. You probably already know by now that ILIA is a team favorite, which makes me even more eager to give this product a try. It’s not only a concealer, but also evens and brightens the skin overall, and another huge plus is that there are 20 shades to choose from.
8. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner: Earlier this spring when the team had a get together at Emily’s, she brought out a big tub full of makeup and skincare products that she had set aside to donate, and let us take our picks of anything we’d want to try out. This was a product that I snagged, and boy am I glad that I did! I had never heard of it before but the thought of a fresh, watermelon scented toner to add to my skincare routine sounded heavenly. Since first using it I’ve definitely noticed a change in the dryness and dullness of my skin, and it overall feels a lot healthier than before.