If anything, the velvet trend that swept through last fall has only gotten stronger this season. Last year, I fell in love with fabric pumps and crushed velvet skirts, but this time around, designers (myself included!) are embracing the luxe, smooth look of the fabric, in a full spectrum of styles and colors. Personally I'm thrilled, since you really can't go wrong repping a velvet statement piece to holiday parties or the office! Here are forty of my favorite pieces, in every hue:
1. Red Parker Blazer ($168): One of my favorite velvet trends of late are the suits that are seemingly everywhere now—I love the bold look of this blazer.
2. Red Bella Mule ($160): If you live somewhere that doesn't get cold in the winter, but still want your footwear to feel festive, an open-toe velvet mule like this one is the way to go.
3. Red Bell-Sleeve Velvet & Lace Dress ($98): This dress speaks for itself—pair it with a simple pair of strappy pumps.
4. Red Velvet Loafers with Bow ($40): I truly can't believe how inexpensive these shoes are. Wear them with a pair of skinny trousers for a chic, office-ready look.
5. Red Velour Bodysuit ($35): If you aren't sure about the velvet trend, this bodysuit is an easy way to test the waters.
6. Orange Rosie Wallet Crossbody Bag ($39): I'm all about a statement orange moment in an otherwise neutral outfit to add some interest.
7. Orange Dream Team Top ($98): This top balances the thick weight of the fabric with thin lace for a perfectly complementary look.
8. Orange Misha Mini Dress ($108): A '70s-feeling dress, with a velour twist.
9. Yellow Collection Double-Breasted Blazer ($298): It takes some confidence to pull-off this blazer, but how amazing would it look with some skinny navy pants and pumps?
10. Yellow Coco Mules ($395): One of the pricier options on this list, but I love the subtle knot detail on them.
12. Yellow Nadya Tank ($148): Perfect for laying velvet under a blazer or structured jacket.
13. Yellow Faram Mules ($200): These heels take an unexpected turn, mixing a summery espadrille heel with velvet.
14. Green Miri Backless Mini Dress ($66): A mini dress for a holiday party or night out.
15. Green Jacket with Passementerie ($90): The passementerie detailing on this jacket lends it a vintage feel that feels very Parisian.
16. Green Flounce Of-the-Shoulder Bodysuit ($15): I'd wear this tucked into high-waisted trousers.
17. Green Trace Mule ($80): An easy way to work a touch of velvet into your everyday outfit.
18. Green Try Out Cropped Hoodie ($99): A playful piece that marries glamour with athleisure.
19. Green Blazer ($110): This emerald-hued blazer can transform your everyday uniform into a romantic look for a night out.
20. Green Mabelle Pants ($97): Pair these bold pants with a simple black bodysuit to reinvent a classic holiday party ensemble.
21. Green Mini Wrap Dress ($50): A new (inexpensive!) riff on a DVF staple—dress it up with some statement earrings.
22. Indigo Ella Pumps ($128): A variation on one of my favorite styles of Madewell shoes.
23. Indigo Suki Smocked Neck Top ($265): Contrast this romantic blouse against a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans and simple heels.
24. Blue Bridget Booties ($195): I love the idea of revamping a classic style with a dramatic flare. I'd pair these incredible midnight-hued boots with any dress, skirt, or cropped jeans.
25. Blue Jacket ($99): This coat effortlessly combines a vintage silhouette with modern fabric, for a street-style cool look for under $100.
26. Blue Ankle Boot ($48): Disco boots are in and these boots prove it, and the turquoise color will work with more than you think.
27. Blue High Heel Shoes ($30): I'm all about swapping out my go-to black pumps with a velvet option in the holidays.
28. Purple Button-Down Mini Skirt ($54): A vintage-inspired high-rise mini that would look extremely cute with ankle boots.
29. Purple Maria Skinny Jeans ($228): Velvet jeans are the new corduroy.
30. Blue Romantic Moves Long Sleeve Romper ($58): The bow detail on this romper adds such a flattering, eye-grabbing detail.
31. Purple Over the Knee High Heel Boots ($100): If you're bold enough to slide these on, pair them with a simple black dress for a traffic-stopping New Year's outfit.
32. Purple Naomi Jumpsuit ($246): If you aren't brave enough to rep a full-velvet suit, a jumpsuit is a great option.
33. Purple Leo Clutch ($95): This berry-toned clutch would make even the simplest evening outfit feel special.
34. Purple Agus Top ($202): A one-shoulder ruffle top that still somehow feels understated.
35. Pink Pleated Bow Headband ($14): This simple headband reminds me of some of my earlier posts (and makes me wonder why I don't wear them more often!).
36. Pink Wales Dress ($120): I designed this pink velvet dress with a Greek toga in mind—I love how the velvet fabric falls.
37. Pink Faux Wrap Bodysuit ($60): The deep mauve pink of this body suit would look great with vintage Levi's.
38. Pink Kobe Top ($84): An everyday top, in the prettiest baby pink hue.
39. Pink Zack Pump ($170): The glitter heel on these pumps would nicely offset a more formal trouser.
40. Pink First Kiss Bra ($40): I love the idea of wearing this bra with a sheer top, or a low-v, and allowing a hint of lace to peek out.