November 4th, 2008
Despite my best efforts to keep my closet stocked with a large variety of clothing, when it comes to dressing for holiday parties, I’m always left emptyhanded and stressed. Since I don’t like to show up in the inevitable LBD uniform, I find that just the right amount of sequins can make a big impact.
1. Sequin Striped Shift, Charlotte Russe: $68.99. I think the combination of a sequined shift paired with some opaque tights is flirty in all the right ways.
2. Aiko Tee, Antik Batik: £132.00. This top has just enough sparkle to make a statement, but could also be toned down with some dark jeans.
3. Sequin Ruffle Camisole, Charlotte Russe: $19.99. The thin straps, ruffles and black verticle line are not only slimming, but chic in a wonderfully neutral palette.
4. Sequin Beret Hat, TopShop, $32. I absolutely adore this silver beret that would make such a fun addition to a night out on the town in lieu of a jacket.
5. Catalina Skirt, dELiAs, $34.50. This classic shaped skirt is made special with tiny bead detailing at the hem.
6. Wische, Yoox Collection, $165. I’m sold on wearing a sparkly top like this one with high-waisted black trousers to make a bold and seductive statement.