September 19th, 2012
The beginning of fall is just days away, but in L.A. it doesn’t even feel remotely close. It’s my favorite season of the year, but when the weather is hot and sticky, it’s hard to get excited about cozy sweaters and home-cooked comfort food. In an attempt to see past the triple digit temperatures, here are a few of the things I’m determined to do this upcoming season.
1. Host a pumpkin carving party.
2. Go to a football game (mainly for the stadium food, since I’m not exactly a fan of the sport).
3. Visit a lighthouse – with a picnic in tow. It’s something I’ve never done and sounds fun and romantic.
4. Spend a day in my college town of Claremont – it’s so charming in the fall.
5. Redesign my site – quite a few areas could benefit from a little facelift.
6. Visit an apple orchard. A wonderful excuse to escape from L.A. for a day.
7. Have an early Thanksgiving celebration with friends. Once a year just isn’t enough.
8. Start a movie club (it would have that same feeling as a book club, but without the deadlines).
9. Check out open houses in L.A. An exciting/overwhelming new Sunday activity.
10. Can some of the last of summer’s produce – strawberry jam and homemade tomato sauce.
What are some of the things you’re most excited to do this fall?