October 15th, 2008
Patent leather is one of the sleekest textures, and whether it’s in the form of constructed bag or a skinny belt, the shiny material certainly makes a statement. This applies to shoes as well, and after some research, I soon came to realize that the styles available are endless. Here are some of my varied favorites:
1. Platform Zipper Bootie: GoJane, $21.99. As a pretty blatant replica of Christian Louboutin’s Laponos, I think these are a fabulous alternative. The small zipper adds a dash of street appeal to these classic loafers.
2. Mary Kate Topstiched Platform Sandal: bebe, $139 $83.99. I cringed slightly when I realized these were from bebe, but how could I not love gray patent with contrast stitching? Paired with some opaque tights, these would be such a great party shoe.
3. Clinton Bootie: Report Signature, $224.95. The pyramid studded strap with ultra shiny patent leather is a winning combination.
5. Master Ivory Patent: Jeffrey Campbell, $98 $73.50. In the past, I would have saved these platforms for Summer, but I’m drawn to their wintery-white color and little holes where brightly colored tights could peek through.
6. Wing Tip Patent Booties: Charlotte Russe, $26.99. These are great for a menswear-inspired look, but in a festive, deep blue.