April 25th, 2013
With Mother’s Day just around the corner (Sunday, May 12th), I’ve rounded up some gift ideas for the maternal figures in your lives. The items are sweet and simple and would make for nice presents on their own or paired with something else.
1. I love the presentation of this sandalwood candle (from my hometown!) in a weck jar.
2. The most delicious cookies from Levain Bakery, which can be sent anywhere in the U.S.
3. I love this Mother’s Day card.
4. For the mom who needs a chic bag upgrade.
5. A crisp pajama set, perfect for lazy Sunday afternoons.
6. A custom state cutting board with a heart on your hometown.
7. A brunch-inspired tea assortment that she can have alone or share with friends.
8. Mistral soaps have the prettiest packaging and the best scents.
9. Eco-friendly blackboard garden labels for a elevated outdoor space.
10. Simple heart earrings that can be worn daily.
April 24th, 2013
1. My future home will be filled with gold details like these. (apartment34.com)
2. Best entertaining idea ever: place cards and an appetizer in one. (afabulousfeteblog.com)
3. Kids are so hilarious. (funnyordie.com)
4. A bright floral scarf for tying on your bag or in your hair. (jcrew.com)
5. I really love these thoughts on friendship. (garancedore.fr)
6. The top 10 Farmers’ Markets in the U.S. (huffingtonpost.com)
7. After seeing this cake, I’m going to bake my own and make the border out of Pocky. (sabrinasue.blogspot.de)
8. Sleek brass nails that I’d hammer into the wall to hang my delicate necklaces. (winsomebraveshop.com)
9. The ideal praise to criticism ratio. (blogs.hbr.com)
P.S. Everything at J.Crew is 25% off in store and online (plus free shipping!) for those looking to do a bit of spring shopping.
April 24th, 2013
Karen Walker Sunglasses, Doloris Petunia Necklace, Loft Dress, Celine Pumps, Cupcakes and Cashmere for Coach Bag
I associate different fashion trends with certain cities – I almost exclusively wear black and white in New York, lots of layers in San Francisco, and anything bright and retro-inspired when in Palm Springs. I haven’t been in a while, but this striped shift dress reminds me of just how much I miss the dry heat, cold pools, and vintage shopping of the desert. Until I get out there, polished accessories in matching colors at least help get me in that mindset.