June 13th, 2013
Ray-Ban Aviators, Forever 21 Blouse (similar here), Club Monaco Skirt (similar here), Essie “Cute as a Button” Nail Polish, Estée Lauder “X-Pose Rose” Cello Shot Lip Color, H by Hudson Boots
I’d been searching for a pair of flat black boots for a while, one with a slightly androgynous feel without being too clunky. I love these ones (particularly the four buckles along the outside), but until I get used to their rugged feel, I’ve been offsetting them with lots of lace. I found this top at Forever 21 several years ago and it’s remained one of my favorites in my closet. I usually wear it with jeans, but I loved the idea of pairing it with a scalloped lace skirt so that it looked almost like a matching set.
June 12th, 2013
1. In honor of Father’s Day this weekend: 50 rules for dads of daughters. (fromdatestodiapers.com)
2. Now I can act like I actually understand wine lists when I go out to dinner. (latimes.com)
3. I’ve never been into indoor plants, but these have made me reconsider. (honestlywtf.com)
4. I need to try out this flyaway trick the next time I blow dry my hair. (thebeautydepartment.com)
5. I can picture some of these actors who almost got the part but some are SO off. (buzzfeed.com)
6. Adorable manly tags for Father’s Day gifts. (lovelyindeed.com)
7. Needing this romper now. (shopbop.com)
8. A simple reminder of the importance of sunscreen. (nytimes.com)
9. How great do these strawberries and cream icebox bars look? (sweetsonian.com)
June 12th, 2013
I switch up my jewelry preferences every so often, shifting from statement necklaces, to stacks of bracelets or blinged out cocktail rings. But the one constant over the years has been my love for delicate gold necklaces. They’re whisper thin and add just a touch of sophistication without ever dominating an outfit. But I’d always struggled with how to store them. When kept on a plate, they quickly transformed into tangled clumps that were nearly impossible to unknot. So I came up with a simple solution that keeps them separate and adds just a touch of sparkle to our wall.
Paint thin nails the same color of your walls (mine is Benjamin Moore’s “Pelican Grey”) so they blend in and let the necklaces remain the focal point.
Measure and mark where the nails should be hammered in. Space two nails per necklace one-inch apart from one another with half an inch in between each nail grouping. Lightly hammer each nail into the wall – no need to go crazy with the hammering since the necklaces are so light.
Untangle necklaces and hang them on the wall.
P.S. A cute way to organize your sunglasses and how to make a delicate ombré necklace.
June 11th, 2013
1. Classic plaid Father’s Day card.
2. The perfect gingham button-up, great for work or summer parties.
3. A cookbook with the best manly recipes – including an amazing fried chicken.
4. Personalized golf balls for the dad who hits the course every weekend.
5. Watermint gin aftershave will keep him feeling smooth and smelling fresh.
6. Knot cuff-links, simple and stylish.
7. 6-in-1 hammer because we all know dads love tools.
8. A great BBQ sauce from Austin, Texas.
9. Fun socks to wear at work – my favorites are the anchors..
10. Whisky stones that keep his drink chilled without diluting it.
11. Back-up iPhone battery so you always know he’ll be able to chat.