December 24th, 2008
Today we got up before dawn and piled all of our luggage, snacks, blankets and gifts into the car and headed North. Since I’m pretty bad at sitting still for long periods of time, I thought I’d follow Kristin‘s lead and write down 100 25 (sorry, technical error erased the other 75 after Christmas) things about me to help pass the time.
25 Things About Me:
1. When I was four, I bit my best friend’s finger after we couldn’t come to a conclusion about the color of the ocean. I was sent home briefly thereafter.
2. I’m an only child [see number 1].
3. Breakfast is my favorite meal (especially if there’s lots of syrup involved).
4. I get grossed out when people drink milk with their dinner.
5. I was born on my exact due date. I’m still prompt to this day.
6. When I turned 18, I secretly got my belly button pierced. I told my parents later that afternoon.
7. I love the process of making a mix CD for someone. I always start out with an upbeat, fantastic song.
8. I had to wear a retainer in 2nd grade that gave me a lisp and landed me in speech therapy.
9. I could eat sushi every. single. day.
10. I’m not afraid of the dark, but absolutely every closet or drawer must be completely closed before I can fall asleep.
11. I get overly excited when peppermint ice cream arrives for the holidays.
12. One time when I was little, I pretended to choke just to see if my mom really knew the Heimlich Maneuver. Turns out, she did. I spent the rest of the night locked in my room.
13. I have the worst eye for spotting toupees.
14. New Year’s Eve is my least favorite holiday. This year though, I can’t wait to stay in with my boyfriend and make this and drink lots of this.
15. Wheat Thins are the best when they’re slightly burnt.
16. I was a total tomboy as a child. Now you’ll have a hard time finding me in something other than a dress or a skirt.
17. I don’t like the taste of water.
18. “Happiness is a Warm Gun” is my favorite Beatles song.
19. I hate when people answer a question by saying, ‘well, yes and no.’ Just pick one.
20. My first day out of college, I landed a job working for my two favorite magazines: Domino and Teen Vogue (I was on the first season of The Hills).
21. I love making lists. At times, I’ll even add something I’ve already done just so I can cross it off.
22. I think I have a learning disability when it comes to my sense of direction.
23. Rain is great, but only when I can be inside with no plans to leave.
24. Some of my pet peeves include whistling, gum smacking and bad grammar.
25. When I was little, I trimmed my cat’s whiskers. She wobbled when she walked for a good two weeks.
Sorry that the rest of the list was cut off…I swear the last 75 were the best ones! Thank you for all of your endless support and here’s to a spectacular 2009.