October 29th, 2008
I’m much more Gossip Girl than Gothic Chic, but even I have a weakness for skulls around Halloween. They’re clearly a seasonal trend, but these pieces have year-round appeal with their suggestively ominous tones that aren’t over-the-top.
1. Skull Pendant, $75 – The rose that’s held between this skull’s teeth adds a haunting aspect to this necklace that’s perfect for layering.
2. Burnout Skull Rose Tank, $95 – Upon first glance, this loose tank top resembles a black and white array of flowers, only to take shape after several seconds. I would wear this with skinny black pants and loads of bangles.
3. Skull Bracelet, $190 – I love exceedingly simple pieces like this Me&Ro bracelet that’s made of just natural cord and two skull charms.
4. Sherpa-lined Critter Wellies, $78 – These black and white rain boots are such a refreshing departure from all of the candy-colored options out there.
5. Studded Pirate Headband, $7 – This cotton headband is such an easy way to alleviate a bad hair day with a quirky, pirate-inspired pattern.