February 17th, 2010
With each recurring Fashion Week, I come home with lessons learned and a greater appreciation for prevailing taste. I’m heading back to L.A. this afternoon, but not without sharing my top five things I discovered while in New York.
1. Anna Wintour’s hair really is as perfect as I had always imagined (I sat intimidatingly close to her at the Sophie Theallet show).
2. Pack extra Band-Aids when you plan on propping yourself up in 5″ heels for multiple hours at a time.
3. A clean and simple ponytail never goes out of style.
4. Despite how late you stay out the night before, there’s nothing a couple slices of New York pizza can’t cure.
5. If the entire contents of your suitcase are splayed across your hotel room, don’t be ashamed to decline the maid service.