October 7th, 2008
For as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved to peek into the jewelry boxes of other women. I think the accessories that someone chooses are an accurate depiction of who they are, whether that be bold and audacious or simple and pretty. My grandma is a woman of few words, which is why I’ve always found her taste in gaudy jewelry to be ridiculously comical. A few years back, she offered me a massive gold ring that didn’t match my college attire, so I politely declined. Since the return of the cocktail ring however, I’ve relentlessly begged the current owner [read: my mom] to turn it over to me, but have had zero success. For the time being, here are some of my favorites for adding a bit of bling to any outfit.
1. Fossil Crystal Ball Cocktail Ring - Dillard’s, $36. This has just the right amount of sparkle to make a statement.
2. Chain Link Ring – CC Skye, $125. I would pair this slightly bad-girl piece with a simple, black silhouette.
3. Gleam & Glimmer Ring – Anthropologie, $48. This looks like a family artifact, but for an unbelievable price.
4. Owl Ring – Fred Flare, $14. Part quirky/part glamorous, this owl ring has it all.
5. Pyramid Ring – Kenneth Jay Lane, $100. The honeycomb-inspired pattern packs a strong punch.
6. Hammered-Style 18k Gold Ring – Newport News, $59. The texture of this ring is superb and would be a nice complement to wine-colored nails.