M Street Kitchen does a great job of updating the breakfast staple with some flavorful ingredients. Using their homemade English muffins (I've also made them in the past here), I created my own version using prosciutto, sharp white cheddar, and a smokey aioli.Few things bring me more pleasure than a perfectly crafted sandwich and I'm not embarrassed to admit that I think the McMuffin is one of the best. While it's hard to improve on the original,
- English muffins
- Sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 or 2 Large eggs
- Paprika spread (4 tbs mayonnaise, 1 tbs paprika)
- Muffin pan or ramekins
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Spray muffin pan/ramekins with cooking spray, crack eggs into each cup, add salt and pepper, cook for 25 minutes.
2. When the eggs are 4-5 minutes from being done, slice english muffins in half and toast.
3. Promptly remove english muffin from toaster, spread one half with paprika mayo, place cheese on the other half.
4. When the eggs are done, gently cut around the perimeter of the cups to remove, place the egg on top of the cheese.
5. Place two slices of prosciutto on top of the egg, sprinkle with chives