There's been a serious heat wave in Los Angeles recently, and all I can think about is staying inside in air conditioning and breezy, lacy little underthings. Journelle is an intimates website I love for their elevated curation of beautiful pieces (they sell my favorite brands and provide clean imagery so you can see the item both on model and off). They're currently having their semi-annual sale so I picked out 12 pretty things I'm eyeing to add to my collection. The sale ends July 12, so scoop up the discounts while you can.
1. Violet Demi Bra. I love the sheer paneling on this black bra, which gives it a graphic, mild bondage look that's sophisticated and chic. The honeycomb lace is so understated and sexy.
2. Black Thong. I don't always go for a matching set, but in this case, the thong that goes with the above bra is just as cute, whether worn in tandem or alone. The clean, segmented black lines lend the set a sleek look that's a nice alternative to more flirty and soft lace pieces.
3. Bralet. I'm a sucker for an unabashedly girly bra. This white number with a pale pink bow in the center feels sweet and seductive in its frills, but the thick wide straps anchor it from venturing into pre-teen territory.
4. Half-Cup Bra. The punchy coral-orange hue on this bra is a must for summer. A floral, daisy-like pattern on the lace is an intricate touch and it manages to be feminine without saccharine. The color would look gorgeous intentionally peeking out of a simple white blouse or tank this season.
5. Lace Bra. One of the prettiest details on lingerie is eyelash lace, and I love how the lace in this case peeks above and below each side of the seductive sateen band.
6. Teddy. I'm packing this simple teddy for the next vacay just G and I go on. The cloud-like color is complementary and I like that it's comfortable while the cinched waist gives you a little shape.
7. Azalea Thong. Pure, bright, fire-engine red feels a little tacky in intimates to me, so I'm fond of this less obvious raspberry color. It's all about the details with this pair of panties, from the peekaboo straps at the hip to the ever-so-subtle ruffled lace trim.
8. String Thong. This nude-blush thong is a sexier take on an everyday staple. It's got scalloped edges, a lace panel, and a bow - yet somehow looks utterly understated.
9. Demi Wire Bra. Lace can veer cheap depending on the execution and spacing, and this pattern is artfully done. I particularly like the swoop shape which creates an appealing view.
10. Lace Panty. These are the kind of stunning panties that can set the tone for your whole day when you put them on in the morning. They're empowering in their sexiness.
11. Periwinkle Panty. I bought these as soon as I saw them thanks to their pretty, almost-periwinkle hue and sheer paneling. So much lingerie is either black, white, nude, or brightly-colored, so I like the unexpected neutral of a greyish-blue with purple undertones. It looks especially flattering on tan summer skin.
12. Dove Grey Chemise. This airy, delicate chemise falls into the same colorway as the above, and I'd love to wear it around the house on impossibly hot days. Journelle's chemises have a vintage look that I'm always going for with my nighties.