December 19th, 2008
There are certain colors that make everyone look good and I’m a firm believer that eggplant is one of them. It’s not as feminine as purple, but offers a moodier vibe than plain black, which is why I rounded up six pieces that I simply need to own.
1. French Connection, Wizard Wonder Dress: $218 $149.99. The asymmetrical top on this pleated tube dress would be perfectly accented with a thin, metallic belt.
2. TopShop, Boudoir Frill Padded Bra: $28. This is such a sweet little bra with its lace and bow in a deep aubergine hue.
3. Nine West, Jazid: $119 $99. Paired with some patterned tights, these would make such a bold statement.
4. Intermix, Buckle Beret:$125 $89. The leather buckles add an almost equestrian feel to this adorable hat.
5. dELiAs, Trishell Skirt: $38.50. The color alone on this swingy skirt had me sold, but it’s the studded waistline that really sets it apart.
6. Charlotte Russe, Chiffon Ruffle Top, $21.99. The gray contrast trim is such an unexpected touch to this blouse that I would tuck into some high waisted jeans.