Before and After: Candlesticks

Avatar:
Author:
Publish date:
Social count:
5726
 {The mismatched candlesticks, in all of their unpolished glory}

{The mismatched candlesticks, in all of their unpolished glory}

This past weekend I braved the heat to visit the Melrose Trading Post Flea Market in hopes of starting a new collection (since I finished

this

project). I found some antique candlesticks with great patterns and curves, but their dirty exteriors and cheap varnishes were an instant turn-off. I decided to bring them home anyway and painted them all a glossy black to make a cohesive and chic collection. Whether or not they'll have candles in them is still to be determined, but the process was easy (an afternoon) and affordable (candlesticks + paint supplies=$28).

 {I loved the different curvatures, but not the brassy colors}

{I loved the different curvatures, but not the brassy colors}

 {Once the tarp was down, I sprayed one coat of primer and let it dry}

{Once the tarp was down, I sprayed one coat of primer and let it dry}

{Then I sprayed two coats of glossy black paint}

{Then I sprayed two coats of glossy black paint}

 {Final product}

{Final product}