May 19th, 2011
Karen Walker Sunglasses, Zara Blouse, Vintage Necklaces, Alice + Olivia Skirt, Michael Kors Watch, J.Crew Bracelet, Mulberry Bag, Steve Madden Shoes
For the most part I follow the philosophy “less is more.” Most of my outfits consist of simple silhouettes, but when it comes to accessorizing, I like the way it looks to pile on unexpected pieces. I found this rhinestone necklace a couple of weeks back at the flea market and planned on wearing it with a conservative dress for a retro twist. Instead, I threw it on with one of my other favorite bright baubles (seen here and here) for a layered look that felt playful and perfectly overdone.
May 18th, 2011
For someone who’s passionate about almost every kind of dessert, I’m impressed that I can actually narrow down a favorite. But then again, chocolate molten cake is about as perfect a dish you can imagine. It’s pure decadence, but in an appealingly compact size that’s seductive and rich. I followed this recipe and immediately decided it’s my new go-to dessert for dinner parties. It took mere minutes to make and since the insides are supposed to be undercooked, it’s nearly impossible to mess up.
May 17th, 2011
It goes without saying that skirts play an integral role in any girl’s spring or summer wardrobe. What I love most about this season though, is the diverse range of options. From thigh-skimming minis to floor-sweeping maxi skirts, there’s something for everyone. Here’s a round-up of some of my current favorites.
1. Bird by Juicy Couture Battenburg Cotton-lace Mini Skirt $280
2. Carven Pleated Wool-Crepe Skirt $415
3. Sandro Josephine Leather Mini Skirt $395
4. See by Chloe Silk-blend Mini Skirt $97.50
5. Miss Selfridge Drape Pocket Skirt $28
6. Steven Alan Broderie Anglaise Cotton Skirt $160
7. Peter Jensen Petal Skirt $245
8. Chinti and Parker Cotton and Linen-blend Skirt $145
9. Topshop Black Pleated Midi Skirt $80
10. French Connection Tabby Knits Pleated Skirt $138
11. Tibi Pleated Skirt $139
12. Chinti and Parker Striped Organic Cotton Skirt $140
13. Topshop Layered Maxi $80
14. Zimmerman Conversation Paisley Skirt $480
15. Antik Batik Bowie Long Skirt $290.40
16. Alice in the Eve Maxi Pleated Skirt $79.95
17. Ruche Ginger Peach Blossom Chiffon Maxi Skirt $36.99
18. Opening Ceremony Long Grecian Skirt $449
May 16th, 2011
H&M Hat and Blouse, J.Crew Skirt, Gifted Vintage Leather Satchel, Michael Kors Watch, J.Crew Bracelet, Proenza Schouler Boots, Maybelline “Coral Crush” Lipstick
A few weeks back I stocked up on button-downs from H&M (another seen here) and I’ve been wearing them constantly ever since. They’re thin, soft, and really versatile with nearly everything else in my closet. This watercolor-like print is a nice balance to all of the loud colors I’ve been wearing lately and I love the sweet effect it has when paired with a floral skirt.