March 31st, 2011
Zara Top, Vintage Necklace, Elizabeth and James Skirt, Alexander McQueen Pumps, Vintage Clutch, Michael Kors Watch, Vintage Bracelet
L.A. is one of those cities people love to hate. Maybe it’s the traffic, but it simply doesn’t have the universal appeal of a place like San Francisco. But when we have days like the one we had yesterday, and it’s close to 80° in March, it’s hard to find reasons to complain. I celebrated with a breezy outfit, a braid in my hair and dinner out in our backyard.
March 29th, 2011
I have a closet filled with party dresses, but it seems that whenever I have an upcoming event, none of them are quite right. Since the next few months are already booked solid with weddings, showers and graduations, I’ve decided to to start the planning process a bit early this year. I love the concept of choosing a dress in a very un-wallflower-esque shade; whether in lemon yellow, futuristic silver or pale peach. These are a few of my current favorites that could easily take you from one event to the next.
1. dELiAs Solid Twist-Front Dress $49.50
2.Etoile Isabel Marant Kelly Cotton-voile Dress $315
3. dELiAs Ruffle Dress $44.50
4. Warehouse Cape Back Shift Dress $97
5. Halson Heritage Ruched Silk-Crepe Dress $325
6. Topshop Dark Yellow Chiffon Midi Dress $80
7. Topshop Grecian Chiffon Dress $85
8. Acne Niki Cutout Stretch-crepe Dress $290
9. Twenty8Twelve Aneya Structured-Shoulder Twill Dress $158
10. Halston Heritage Pleated Lame Mini Dress $325
11. Adam Metallic Jacquard Dress $445
12. French Connection Mine & Yours Strapless Dress $258
March 28th, 2011
American Apparel Top, Gifted Acne Skirt c/o my-wardrobe.com (also featured HERE), Reiss Clutch, Vintage Bracelets, Dannijo Bracelet, Michael Kors Watch, Alaia Platforms
I love when a single piece can make a big impact with little effort. These days I’m all about simple basics like plain tops, bright bottoms, a stack of bracelets and a swipe of red lipstick. I first featured this skirt here for its clean lines and fun color, but I’m even more enticed with the full length zipper down the back and leather tassel. I wore this out for dinner this past week in an attempt to combat the dreary weather, which worked well until it started to rain.