May 18th, 2009
Last week, when I posted these images, I received numerous requests for a make-up tutorial. I’m no make-up artist, but I’ve mastered a smoky eye to my liking. Here are my steps for creating the nighttime look:
Mascara: Define-a-Lash Mascara
Eyeliner: Clinique Kohl Eyeliner
Eyeshadow: Stila Ebony Shadow
Highlighter: Benefit Mr. Frosty Highlighter Pencil
Concealer: Time Balm
May 15th, 2009
I love reading lists about people’s favorite things and what makes them happy. On the flip side though, every once in a while you just need to vent. Read on to see my list of ten little things that really tick me off.
1. Getting your seat kicked at the movie theater.
2. Paper cuts. Mosquito bites. Hang nails.
3. Drivers who don’t use their turn signals.
4. Buying something full price to find it on sale the next week.
5. Realizing that you have something lodged in between your two front teeth hours after you last ate.
6. Having your iPod die on you minutes after beginning a workout.
7. Splinters. Hiccups. Blisters.
8. Dreaming up an outfit only to find it’s wrinkled beyond belief.
9. Choking on water in the middle of a meeting.
10. Sitting down to watch a recorded show only to realize you taped the wrong thing.
Okay, so what if all of these happened to me in one week? They’re now off my chest and I can enjoy my weekend!
Come on…let’s hear what tops your list?
Image via Flickr
May 14th, 2009
Wish Dress, Skinny Style Ring, Vintage Belt, Seychelles Pumps
Last week I had the privilege of meeting Courtney and Roxy; two lovely ladies who rep the Australian-based brand, Wish Clothing. They invited me to the studio where I got to thumb through racks and racks of incredible pieces that are perfect for spring. I was immediately transfixed with this nude colored dress whose chiffon ruffles add such a delicate touch. The criss-cross tie down the center is kind of edgy and unexpected, which I complemented with a snake-skin belt to complete the look.
May 13th, 2009
It was only until after I moved to L.A. that I experienced my first French macaron. Reminiscent of little jewels in pastel colors, they’re full of flavor and remarkably light when you need just a hit of something sweet. Here’s a glimpse of my afternoon snack courtesy of Paulette.
Doesn’t the little brick building look like it belongs in Georgetown?
Choosing a flavor can be a bit daunting.
I love their cascading display of little cookies.
I chose caramel, coconut and rose.
The caramel was my favorite.