September 30th, 2008
I consider myself to be a true morning person. Here are some of the reasons why:
-I’ve never once hit the snooze button
-In fact, I almost rarely sleep with an alarm, and if I do, I’m up before it goes off
-Mornings are when I’m most productive, happy and energetic
…that was until yesterday. My coffee tasted like mud, I forgot to pack my lunch, meetings kept overlapping one after another and before I knew it, I was in desperate need of a nap. Since curling up in a ball under my desk wasn’t exactly appropriate, I found solace in these images of places that would be just right for a quick little cat nap.
All the neutral tones in this cozy living room are ideal for creating a relaxing environment with a great collection of super soft throws and pillows.
There’s something so incredible about falling asleep in the late afternoon sun. I’d love to stretch out on this wide lounger with a light blanket.
Falling asleep in the shade of grape vines seems like such a luxurious way to rest.
I would never choose this decor for my actual bedroom, but I can’t help but imagine the fairy tale-esque dreams I’d have in this girly nook.
Source: domino magazine
Where is your ideal location for a great nap?
September 29th, 2008
The ridiculously talented Joanna, of Smitten, asked me to contribute my most awkward dating experience. Check it out here!
September 29th, 2008
No matter how many times I rummage through my boyfriend’s side of the closet in hopes of finding oversized shirts to convert into dresses, they never fit just right. That’s why when I found Lark & Wolff by Steven Alan’s Shirt Dress (which is now on sale online), it was exactly what I was looking for. With masculine details in the button sleeves and in a fabric that mimics a men’s oxford shirt, it’s balanced by a delicate neckline and a short hem that I’ll wear with cream colored tights once the weather cools down a bit.
Also, I’ve been asked to write a guest post on one of my favorite blogs, The Lil Bee, today so please check it out!
Urban Outfitters shirt dress, Banana Republic braided belt, vintage boots and bracelet, Essie Over the Top nail polish.
September 26th, 2008
There are countless options when it comes to make-up and I’ve certainly tested out what seems like the majority of them. My bathroom cabinets are overflowing with new products with their lofty promises, but when it comes to my favorites, I have a select few that I’ve included below.
1. Mac Lipglass – Underage: Hands down, the best nude lipgloss out there
2. Tarte Cheekstain – Flush: A just-came-in-from-the-cold blush
3. Maybelline Define-A-Lash – Very Black: A jet black mascara that separates lashes flawlessly
4. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – Sand: Light coverage that creates a dewy finish
5. Benefit High Beam: A radiant sheen for cheeks, eyelids and lips
6. Body Shop Matte it Face: Absorbs excess oils for a shine-free canvas
7. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact: A deep, bronzy palette that I swipe over my eyelids
8. Burberry Brit Perfume: My signature fragrance that’s playful and seductive at the same time
9. Wide mouth Clutch in Orange: A worry-free colorful make-up bag